It’s time, like never before, to fall in love with the Word of God! This is the hour to make sure we receive the LOVE of the truth (2 Tim. 2:10), and to commit to prioritizing God’s word above all else in determining our words, lives, and actions!
As we fall in love with the Word of God, studying it stops being a job, hearing it no longer is an obligation, and living it is not a chore. His Word becomes something that causes us to REJOICE (Psa. 119:162)! David is a great example of this. Listen to how he described his love for the Word [law, statutes, commandments, judgments, testimonies] of the Lord in Psalm 19:7-11 –
- 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- 8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
The Word is AMAZING and it WORKS! In His Word, we grow in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding! Proverbs 16:16 even says, “How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!” There are so many blessings in the WORD – it is priceless! We asked the members of our Facebook group, Just Word Community, to finish the sentence, “I love the Word because…” and their responses are enlightening and encouraging:
- “I LOVE the Word because it sustains me, comforts me, gives me wisdom. It’s a go-to guide on how to live life. It inspires me to be a better person, it teaches me, it’s ALIVE in my life. It’s a book written for my reproof, for my correction, and for MY instruction in righteousness. It’s profitable. Unchanging. And forever settled in the Heavens.”
- “I love the Word because it will never return void! Hallelujah! It is nothing but TRUTH!!”
- “It saved me, it keeps, it corrects me, it builds me, it heals me, it guides me, it strengthens me…”
- “I love the word of God because it is life to my soul; it is God! It instructs me in living right. I find encouragement and joy in the studying, the hearing, and living according to the word. Jeremiah 15:16 – ‘Thy word was found and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by thy name O Lord God of hosts.’”
- “Falling in love with the word of God brings about an eternal satisfaction that never stops growing when we learn how to meditate upon it day and night.”
- “I love the Word, because it is a 100% truthful foundation I can stand on when everything else around me changes. It’s my hope and guide!”
- “I love the word because it never changes itself, but it changes us! The word guides us, it teaches us, it heals, it helps, it leads. It corrects. The word is good.”
- “It meets every need before I even know I am in need!”
- “I love the word because gaining UNDERSTANDING of it has changed my WHOLE perspective on many things pertaining to holiness, salvation, being saved, etc. I can go on & on & on seriously.”
- “It is like being dry and you get that cold glass of water that just quenches your thirst. And like being hungry and only one thing can satisfy….There’s nothing like the word. Then when you get that understanding of the word!!, it helps you to walk in it, live it and then help somebody else. It’s powerful….like the word says, sharper than any two-edged sword. And it reaches that part in you that no one else can or you didn’t know was there! It makes you want more, more understanding, and it takes you closer to God.”
- “I love the word because it leads and guides me to all truth and righteousness. It keeps my soul and it comforts my spirit in times of despair. It builds and increases my faith. It instructs me on how to worship and praise our almighty God.”
- “It will uplift, encourage, enlighten, guide and reveal the Spiritual things of God… I found God to be true to his Word. We can depend on his Word… I get great pleasure when reading and studying the Word, because it gives me revelations and wisdom.”
Let’s pray that God increases our love for His Word! If you take the time to hear it, read it, do it, study it, learn it, understand it, apply it, and obey it, you’ll find yourself becoming absolutely addicted to it! Why do you love the Word? Are you falling more in love with it? Share in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!