Are you ready for the challenge? The wisdom in God’s Word is relevant and more than knowing it in theory, we want to use it in real life. God’s Word gives guidance to shape what we do, and how we do it. Everyday we face circumstances, situations, and issues, and we have a choice: we can either use God’s wisdom and reap the benefits OR we can act without wisdom and suffer the consequences.
Wisdom should be in our hearts, our mouths, and our lives. Whether spiritual growth or natural questions (decisions, social circle, work habits, or finances), God gives us wisdom we can use! What does the Bible say about walking in wisdom and using wisdom in everyday life?
- Proverbs 16:20 KJV- He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.
- Proverbs 28:26 KJV – He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
- James 3:13 KJV – Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
- Colossians 4:5 KJV – Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
- Psalm 101:2 KJV – I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
- Ephesians 5:15-16 KJV – See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
It is CERTAINLY time to walk in wisdom. We have a new resource, a partner challenge created to help you PUT THE WORD INTO ACTION! Wisdom In Real Life is to (1) help you study and learn what the Word actually says and what wisdom teaches concerning daily living; and (2) give you challenges to do on your own and with others to apply it to your everyday life and, as the Bible says, “find good.” We focus on four key topics that greatly impact our lives:
- DECISIONS: What does a wise man do when making decisions? How does one make wise decisions?
- SOCIAL CIRCLE: Who does a wise man connect with and disconnect from?
- WORK HABITS: How does a wise man work and behave on the job, at home, at school, or in ministry?
- FINANCES: How does a wise man handle his finances? What is a wise attitude towards money?
This study on wisdom is not only to learn the Word; it’s also to DO it. Each topic is considered a “Mission” with four checkpoints or shorter assignments to help you dig into the topic and then take action.
How do you complete this challenge? How do you sign up?
- Pick a partner or group to complete the challenge with. They should be at least one person who is willing to study individually and work with as you do the missions. They can be near or far, and if you need help finding a partner, join our Facebook group today!
- Sign up for the challenge here or scroll down – you’ll need to put your email and how many people you’re working with.
- Check your email, and download Mission #1: Decisions.
- Follow the instructions in the mission. At each checkpoint, you’ll read the scriptures given and then pick one reflection question, one individual challenge, and one group activity.
- Once you finish Mission #1, scan the QR code at the bottom of the last page OR go back to justwordministries.com/wisdominreallife and click Complete Mission #1.
- Answer the questions about your Mission, and then we’ll email you the next mission!
Wisdom In Real Life: This is your mission, if you choose to accept it! It’s certainly time! Let’s walk in wisdom, starting now.