It is so easy to list problems, issues, and concerns, but in a time when God’s Word describes people as “unthankful” (2 Tim. 3:2) and a year full of real challenges for many, how can we stay thankful? What if, in the moment, we’re struggling to be grateful? The Word of God helps us with this! Here are 13 Biblical reasons to give thanks:
- His name (1 Chr. 29:13; Psa. 75:1; Heb. 13:15) – what has His name done for you?
- He is good and His mercy endureth for ever (1 Chr. 16:34) – we don’t deserve it!
- He heard us (John 11:41) – how has God answered your prayers?
- God gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 15:57; 2 Cor. 2:14) – we win!
- If you heard, received, and believed the Word of God (1 Thes. 2:13) – it works!
- The Lord’s lovingkindness and faithfulness (Psa. 92:1-3) – has He been there for you?
- If He enabled you, counted you faithful, and put you in the ministry (1 Tim. 1:12) – with His help, we get to serve Him!
- For the grace of God given by Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 1:4) – His favor & life is amazing!
- For the people of God (Rom. 1:8; 1 Thes. 1:2-3; 2 Thes. 2:13) – remember their faith, love, and patience!
- If Jesus cleansed and healed you (Luke 17:11-19) – go back and say thank you!
- His wondrous works (Psa. 105:1-2) – He never stops working! He keeps doing great things!
- Mourning into dancing, sadness into gladness, He turned it (Psa. 30:1-5, 11-12) – only God could do it!
- He has given wisdom, might, and revelation (Dan. 2:22-23) – He is our source!
Do you want to be in the will of God? 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says, “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” Pick a reason from the scriptures above, go back down memory lane, or just look around, but whatever you do, make SURE in everything you choose to give God thanks! The Bible says that is His will concerning you. Thanks is what God wants from you!
What are you personally thankful for? What reason above stands out to you? Share in the comments below.